Our recap of all that was great in 2013. Enjoy what we witnessed:
1. De La Soul | Hip-Hop legends De La Soul begin work on their first album in nine years. When they released the Kris Merc directed video “Get Away (feat. the Spirit of the Wu)”, we were humbled enough to get an exclusive first interview.
2. Daft Punk | The bots return to the scene with a vengeance, dominating sound waves and conversations for the entire year. And rightfully so, as Random Access Memories reminds us all never to sleep on disco ever again. Cop our most subscribed to mixtape here.
3. Josh Lite | One year after being diagnosed with cancer, friend of the family Josh Lite, comes back way strong, putting his cancer in remission and making a strong run for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Man of the Year.
4. Hiatus Kaiyote | We introduce you to the Super Soulful band from down under that’s starting to take over. Check em out, they just received their first grammy nomination.
5. Coachella | Our annual journey to the West Coast continues to be one of the top musical events of the culture. Jimmy Carter couldn’t agree more.
6. Bare Bones | Soul Dynamic follower, Monique Perreault of KWC productions, pens a beautiful piece about the things inspiring her in her life — her dogs and her fiance. Oh, and photographer, Ahmed Klink, gets in the mix with superb shots.