What a year it has been for us. 2014 took us all over the country. We rocked out our annual journey to Coachella, stopped by in the desert to see the man burn and got down to Texas for SXSW. Along the way we got to see a great deal, have a amazing conversations with artist’s new and old and launched our website. A lots going on.
Here’s our annual top 10:
1. Burning Man | Co-creator Ditto Ramirez took journalism to the Gonzo level with the best story of 2014.
2. Govs Ball | Jack White, Vampire Weekend, Skrillex and more perform in one of the summers premiere music festivals, and it actually lived up to the hype. The Governors Ball organizers also ran our review on their website, so there’s that too.
3. BØRNS | Our very own Cassie Farley scores an exclusive interview with the rising musician in a coversation who’s topics ranged from the Backstreet Boys to living in trees and everywhere in between.
4. Cutchemist + Dj Shadow | The Renegades of Rhythm, as we have labeled them, joined forces once again for a historic performance which included crate diggin from the legend Afrika Bambaataa’s record collection. Along the way we got to collaborate and introduce our newest talented contribor Elizabeth Ramirez.
7. Willie Watson | We sit down with the former Old Crowe Medicine Show member and discuss the roots of real folk music. No better way to learn from the man himself.
8. Coachella Survival Guide | We give you all the do’s and don’ts on how to survive 3 days in the desert. Whatever you do, remember to stay fresh.
10. Art of the Side Hustle | We dig deep and showcase the side projects some of your favorite artists are devoting their time to.